Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Home again!

We made it home Monday afternoon! It's been so busy since walking in the door that I haven't had a minute to sit down. The kids were excited to see him again, but are still asking me every day who's going to watch them while I'm at the hospital. I think it will take awhile for all of us to be comfortable just being at home, without planning for being away again all the time. Jeff is done on Friday, which will be so nice! Mac has several follow-ups coming up, so it will be good to be able to divide and conquer those appointments :)

He's been doing great at home....eating and (sort of) sleeping. I am pretty shot from the lack of sleep during this latest hospital adventure, and then with the normal sleeping patterns of a newborn....it'll be awhile before I'm all caught up and functioning at human level again. His first follow-up is with his pediatrician tomorrow, so I'll be excited and a little anxious to see how he weighs in. We lost some ground in the weight gain department in the last week, and he hasn't been eating as well since he's been home as he was pre-surgery. It's strange to have a 2 month old who hasn't broken the seven pound mark! Next week is the neurosurgeon to get his stitches out and see what our next step is shunt-wise. The new shunt hadn't started draining as of his first CT post-surgery, so hopefully it is starting to work. I don't think we'll do another CT in the immediate future, though, unless he starts to be symptomatic or his fontanelle is bulging.

The rest of the crew is doing well! They had lots of fun with Jackie while she was up here. We're all hoping that the weather will perk up soon so that we can get to the river!

Thanks for checking in!

5 comments:

  1. Nice to hear that you are finally home with Mac! Please let us know if there is anything you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! Any chance your gonna give in and let me come and entertain those Rigglets ;-) I would love to give you a break .. and ps.. it's ok to ask (especially me :-)))) Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to here is he doing okey. Will keep you all in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that all is well, and I know what you mean mines 3 months abd ounces away from 7lb!!!! I miss you guys, can't wait till we can get together... But home is GREAT...... Can't wait till I can sleep to! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! So glad to hear the latest!!!! I have been wondering how you were holding up in the sleep department...hang in there-wish I was closer to help! I am SO glad Jeff will be done Friday!!!! I am sure you are too! Lots of love and can't wait to hear the next update!

    ReplyDelete