Monday, February 27, 2012

Best Surgery EVER!

Never thought those would be words coming out of my mouth, particularly about my child.  Particular when the surgery I'm speaking of was my child's 8th.  Particularly when said child is only 10 months old.  But hey, we take what we can get around here these days!

We could not be more thankful for how smoothly everything went for Mac this time!  Absolutely not a single bump in the road!  Minimal pain, home right on time...everything we could hope for.  I feel really comfortable with all the new equipment we came home with, and so far feel fine about feeding him via his tube.  I think learning to replace his "button" (the part that goes into his belly) in 8'ish weeks will be a little intimidating, but I'm sure, like everything else, it will be old hat in no time.

When I get a free minute, I'll post some pictures of all his new stuff...but until then, have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. SO thankful all went well!!!! Thanks for the update! Love and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad eveything went well! Also, glad you and Mac are home. PTL!

    Mom R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all caught up now and I can't believe all the stress you guys have been through! Each time you wrote Mac and Gruber in the same paragraph, all I could think about was the skit (and horrible C movie that I never saw): MacGruber. I'm happy to hear that the g tube is going smoothly. Keep up the good work! you guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete